How to Donate
Outside Japan  | Japan

Outside Japan

The trek has finished now, so you can no longer sponsor the team to complete it, but you can still show your appreciation of their efforts, achievement and aims by supporting the efforts of Adopt-A-Minefield (UK), the charity to whom all money raised was given.

Every penny raised that you pledge to the charity will go straight towards mine action work. However large or small a donation that you pledge, all of your money will go towards helping to clear minefields, or to survivor assistance projects. Nothing is taken for the administration costs of Adopt-A-Minefield (UK) which are funded seperately.

You can choose if you wish to donate to do so online with your credit card over a secure line, or with a cheque or postal order by mail, both direct to Adopt-A-Minefield (UK), or you could arrange a standing order for a regular donation. Please see below for links to the specific pages on the website of Adopt-A-Minefield (UK):

  • Cheque/Postal Order

    You can always send a cheque payable to Adopt-A-Minefield(UK), with the word 'MountainTrek' and your address and email written on the back. This should be sent direct to the Adopt-A-Minefield(UK) Office, whose address is on the contacts page).

  • Standing Order

    For details of how to arrange a standing order please read this page.

NB. If you are a UK taxpayer, then Adopt-A-Minefield (UK) can reclaim 28 pence from the Inland Revenue for every 1 that you donate. Gift Aid forms can be requested from the UK office (address on the contacts page), or click here for a printable form now.


If you are in Japan then you can still donate money to AAR (Association for Aid and Relief) the charity that during the trek money raised in Japan was donated to by the team. All money donated from people in Japan will be used by the AAR (Association for Aid and Relief) for their 'No More Landmines' campaign, to landmine removal activities in Afghanistan run by the Halo Trust through the Japanese NGO, AAR.

You can make donations directly to the AAR's charity bank account as outlined below:

How to Get Involved

If you want to get involved with raising money for Adopt-A-Minefield(UK), then send your details to the Adopt-A-Minefield(UK) Office (address on the contacts page) or check out their website for more details at

If you want to help the AAR's campaign, then feel free to contact their organisation (address on the contacts page), or check out their website for more details at

Thank you for all your help and support.